Babylon Steel written by Gaie Sebold


"Babylon Steel, ex-sword-for-hire, runs the best brothel in Scalentine; city of many portals, two moons, and a wide variety of races, were-creatures, and religions, not to mention the occasional insane warlock."
~Amazon.com
The book is about the title character Babylon. A tough woman that runs a brothel in on a plane called Scalentine. The fact that the main character ran a brothel caught my interest from the start because I usually don't see that as an occupation.  When I started reading I didn't want to put the book down. Each character was unique and the back story didn't get in the way, it enhanced the Babylon and made me feel like she was a friend I had known for years.

The world creation is very good, and in depth. It goes well the character development. Sebold shows how the world to which the characters live in impacts them. The story itself held my interest through out the book and I would recommend this book to anyone who reads fantasy, or likes a strong female character that has flaws.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and bought the second in title in the series as soon as it came out. I wait eagerly for the third one. The authors website is below.

Gai Sebold

Popular Posts